Shot to Nothing

Monday, April 02, 2007

Almost Football League

Almost Football LeagueWatching 'Arena Football' is kinda like lashing the spear to your moms' lingerie catalogue; There are a couple of nice pics in there but it just doesn't deliver enough of a buzz to get you off. Not that I've ever... you know...

Despite that I found myself watching the Chicago Rush annihilating the Los Angeles Avengers yesterday. I lost count of the number of times the announcer's repeated that in order to win in Arena Football you need to score every time you have the ball. The only reason I take issue with that, putting aside the fact that they said it approximately 100 billion times, is because they made it sound like scoring is a really hard thing to do in the AFL.

I mean, come on, the damned fields' only 50 yards long, you start around the 15 and its all played indoors for petes' sake. Its hard to see how you manage not to score at least a field goal every drive. Although L.A. managed it nicely yesterday. A lot.

I don't want to rip the afl too much though, atleast they're trying to give us something football esque throughout the long dry months, we can't fault them for that.

The final score was 66 - 31 to the Rush if you're interested. Oh, and btw, the AFL is where I draw the line. I am not, repeat not, going to start watching Lacrosse.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:16 pm, Anonymous twins15 said...

I've tried to watch some of the AFL... but I just can't watch more than a couple minutes. Yes, it's football, but not very good football.

 
At 1:33 pm, Anonymous Sanchez said...

I think you summed it all up right there!

 
At 9:35 pm, Anonymous carl richards said...

You're wrong, Arena Football is great. I've had season tickets for the Dragons for two years now and everyone I've brought to a game fell in love with the league. So what they're not as good as NFL players, that means they're still better than 99.99999% of the world at the game of football.

 
At 7:27 pm, Anonymous Sanchez said...

True. but still, give me the NFL any damned day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home