Shot to Nothing

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Future Franchise

Admit it football fans, you're kind of intrigued by John Beck aren't ya?

Here's a kid who went on a mission yadayada came back and threw 69% completions for BYU and ended up as a 26 year old rookie for a team that despoerately needs a future franchise QB.

We're so used to seeing these guys like Reggie Bush come straight out of college and into starting roles in the NFL that sometimes we forget how important developmental players can be. Guys like Beck aren't going to come into a team and set the world alight in their rookie season or have everyone proclaiming what a great pick they were. But what they will do is watch, learn and develop over a year or two and then become the player that can do great things for the franchise.

I've had to put up with umpteen million idiots telling me how wrong I am about the Dolphins having a good draft this year and I know that my redemption probably won't come for one or two seasons yet. But know this naysayers; I know where all of you live and in a of couple years, when it's 'Beck to Ginn' 30 times a game, I'm coming round to a deliver a big old bag of 'I Told ya so!' right to your front door.

Assholes.

[Miami Herald]

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:41 am, Anonymous twins15 said...

Yeah, I think Beck is a nice pick... I still think they should have taken Quinn in round 1, but Beck was a good way to salvage it. He looks like he'll be a solid starter in time.

 
At 8:43 am, Anonymous twins15 said...

Yeah, I think Beck was a nice pick there... I do still think they should have taken Quinn in round 1, but Beck was a good way to salvage the situation. He looks like he should be a solid starter in time.

 
At 8:48 am, Anonymous twins15 said...

Yeah, I think Beck was a really nice pick in the 2nd round... he looks like he'll be a solid NFL starter.

 
At 1:19 pm, Anonymous Mini Me said...

You think he will play?

 
At 6:40 pm, Anonymous Sanchez said...

Hard to say. If we are up by a lot or down by a lot or if the season is deand and buried then he might. But I think next year is the year we'll see him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home