Shot to Nothing

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Culpepper is on his way 'cause the Sports Writers of Miami said so...

Sotie?Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, obviously knows something that we Dolphins fans don't. Check out this quote from his article about the upcoming draft:

"Lost in the Trent Green trade speculation and the intrigue about Daunte Culpepper's soon-to-follow trade or release is the fact the Dolphins still will be looking for their future quarterback..."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we haven't actually heard anything definite about Daunte's future with the Dolphins. Are we now operating on the 'no smoke without fire' system to generate our factual reporting? Are rumors and conjecture from an anti Culpepper press all that's needed to start the ball rolling on his trade/cut?

"...the Dolphins aren't just searching for one starting-caliber quarterback, but rather, they're trying to find two."

I guess so.

This kind of shit cuts my biscuit. I haven't spoken to one Miami fan who wouldn't like to see Daunte given a chance to return to full fitness. The absolute worse thing the dolphins could do in this situation is to spend a years worth of salary on his recovery only to allow him to go to another team to attempt his comeback.

I was looking forward to the draft this weekend but now I'm starting to feel a bit sick. If we allow reporters to decide who our team drafts and who they decide to cut, then what's next? News anchors firing coaches? Sideline reporters calling the plays?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:03 pm, Anonymous Michael McNeil said...

I think you give journalists more credit than they deserve. I doubt Miami's general manager picks up the Herald, reads this article and decides to get rid of Culpepper. Most of these rumors are just that -- reporters need enticing stories to keep readers interested, and sometimes they will go to great lengths to fabricate a story where there is none.

That being said, often there is some truth in these stories, and I think the Dolphins would be smart to consider the possibility that Culpepper may never be the same.

 
At 7:11 am, Anonymous twins15 said...

I actually have heard from lots of different places that Culpepper will probably be gone (though obviously not a given as the reporter seems to write)... man, as a Vikings fan I remember just a couple of years thinking of how awesome Daunte was. And here he is, probably going to be cut because he's just not good enough.

 
At 4:55 pm, Anonymous Sanchez said...

*blush* Reading back through my post I note that I may have forgone my bloggernistic integrity to go on a rant.

You're both right, I'm just bitter about the possible loss of Culpepper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home