Shot to Nothing

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Silver Birch wins Grand National 2007

Another Irish winner of the Grand National this year. And one that I never saw coming I have to admit. Nope, my horse managed to fall at the very first hurdle which felt a bit like going up to accept an Oscar and realising too late that you've forgotten your pants.

The big story this year though, has to be the fourth place finnisher Philsons Run who went off at 100-1 and has just made anyone who had him each-way (ya see, I did get something right) very wealthy indeed.

It was a pretty fantastic raise in all and there was a worthy winner, what more can you ask for? Better tips from me? Well yeah, you could ask for that I suppose, but come on I already gave you the winner of the Superbowl and the World Figure Skating Champs didn't I? What more do you want?

And if you're feeling down about your horse losing, spare a thought for the poor schmuck who put down 20 grand on sports index that at-least sixteen of the forty horses would finish the race. The final count was thirteen.

Ouch!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:27 pm, Anonymous Matt Peskett said...

Thankfully I blogged my annual spread betting technique for the National on Thursday and managed to get the winner - netting me a nice £115 profit (and hopefully a few of my readers). If you want tips for next year (as this is my fourth year of winning in a row) read my blog entry Sanchez :-)

 
At 10:27 am, Anonymous Sanchez said...

Judging by how well my tip went this year (i.e. falling at the first) I think I need all the help I can get!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home