Shot to Nothing

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Will it be Jakezilla for the Phish?

JakezillaThe 2008 NFL Draft is finally upon us and I couldn't be more excited. Although, for some reason the latest news stories have me a litlle disappointed.

It's not that I don't think Jake Long will be a fantastic #1 pick for the Dolphins, it's just that ever since the combine, I've had my eyes on the other Long. No, not in that way you sordid so and so...

Chris Long as been at the top of mine and almost everybody else's mock drafts for weeks. He's a heck of a competitor and an exciting prospect for a 1-15 side.

But in perspective, either of the Longs would be a great choice and Miami do have a vacancy at the tackle position. Jake is incredibly big and strong and the Dolphins O-line was a major factor in last years terrible season. I'd love to see how John Beck plays when he actually has some blocking in front of him and a run game to support the pass!

For me right now the worst scenario would be Vernon Gholston. For me, he just isn't in the game enough to warrant a number one pick. Actually, thinking about it there is a worse scenario. Picking up Matt Ryan would really make me puke!

-----------------------------------------------

[digg=http://digg.com/football/Will_it_be_Jakezilla_for_the_Phish]

NFL Tickets, NBA Tickets, and MLB Tickets from Vividseats.com, including all New England Patriots Tickets and Nuggets Tickets! Also, we sell the cheapest Soccer Tickets and Golf Tickets.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 3:31 pm, Anonymous Daniel said...

Take Jake! Woohoo!

 
At 3:31 pm, Anonymous KJ said...

Hey, they could always pick like a kicker or something. That would suck more wouldn't it?

 
At 2:13 pm, Anonymous Dolphins Autographed Helmet Owner said...

As a UK-based Dolphins fan, I found your blog on google and read a few of your other 'phins posts. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Keep up the good work. Look forward to reading more from you in the future.

 
At 2:28 pm, Anonymous Miami Dolphins Porter Throwback Jerseys said...

As a UK-based Dolphins fan, I found your blog on google and read a few of your other 'phins posts. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Keep up the good work. Look forward to reading more from you in the future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home