Shot to Nothing

Friday, January 12, 2007

The one single reason I love Football.

He wishes he could play tooIf you went straight up to some random Joe and said 'Hey Random Joe, why do you like football so much?' He'd probably 'umm' and 'uhh' trying to put his unbridled passion for the sport into some sort of linguistically acceptable sentence.

He would fail terribly. All you'd get out of him would be some gibberish along the lines of 'brrr... modern day technological struggle... brrr... mental and physical battle brrr... brrr... brrr...'

Eventually you would tell him to shut the hell up and you would get me on the damned phone. You'd say to me 'Sanchez my man, why do you love football so much?' and I'd say "Well strange person who called just to ask me this important question, my answer is simple and can be summed up in two words."

"Unnecessary Roughness". Football is the only sport in the entire world that has a penalty for 'ununnecessary roughness', thereby implying that in order for the game to be played, there is necessary roughness.

'hmm...' thinks Ed Hochuli to himself. 'That last hit was pretty hard but it seemed to be within the realms of the necessary, my flag is staying right where it is.'

And thats why I love football man. Bring it on.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:18 pm, Anonymous WBRS Sports Blog said...

Great answer...I never thought about it like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home