Shot to Nothing

Monday, February 05, 2007

Super Duper Bowl XLI

dollar dollar bills y'allI was pretty suprised to read that the guys at Deadspin found the Colts victory to be an uninspiring one. I found it very inspiring and exciting indeed; but I did win over $3,000 so perhaps I'm biased...

But seriously, everyone sees a game differently, so I can understand where those guys are coming from. What I saw though, was not uninspiring in the least.

I had to keep reminding myself that 'This is the Bears defense we're watching here!' And Peyton was reading them like a book!' I know that it looked like a laclustre performance from Chicago (and on the offensive side perhaps it was), but it was Manning's intangibles and his fantastic offensive line that enabled the Colts to look so comfortable.

All in all I thought that Superbowl XLI was pretty damned entertaining. Hester's return starts it off, then you had the consecutive fumbles, Waynes TD and Viniateri missing a field goal, leaving the half time score at 16-14. The second half saw two interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown. What else do you want from a Superbowl?

Then again, like I said, I did win a truck load of money on the game, so I could be ever so slightly biased...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:24 pm, Anonymous WBRS Sports Blog said...

$3,000! Share the wealth bro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home