Shot to Nothing

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The NFL in London (and why its such a damned good idea).

I've read a few articles/blog posts on-line recently that have viewed the NFL's soiree to London in a negative light. I have to say, I can't understand why at all.

The NFL is already HUGE in Britain with several million tuning in to watch it. The fans in the U.K. have been begging for years and years for a regular season game.

The Miami Dolphins have been chosen because they have more support in Britain then any other team, don't ask me why; maybe it has something to do with Florida being a favorite holiday destination, I don't know. The Dolphins won't be lsoing a home game at all, the stadium will be packed out with ecstatic Phin fans!

I just don't buy the argument that it won't do the teams that come over any good. We already know that they will both receive bye weeks and I mean, people fly from London to New York and back in two days all the time, especially for the Christmas shopping season.

There is no language barrier and the U.K. is a potential gold mine for the NFL. British people love the sport and enjoy the chance to get closer to anything that their friends across the Atlantic enjoy. How can this be a bad thing?

Am I missing something here?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:11 pm, Anonymous WBRS Sports Blog said...

It makes sense from a financial standpoint, assuming the UK fans embrace it.

 
At 6:42 pm, Anonymous Sanchez said...

I think they will. I just hope the players will have a good time too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home