Shot to Nothing

Friday, May 18, 2007

'Green' Motorsport? That's a Joke Right?

Just as I start to get back into Formula-1, along comes the governing body with yet another idea to make the sport even more unwatchable.

Max Mosley (right) the head of the FIA is calling for a 'radical overhall' of Formula-1 and motorsports in general in order to make them more environmentally friendly. I guess this is the kind of thing you should expect from the son of a failed fascist leader.

Motorsport burns oil so that its participants can drive fast. Nobody wants to watch a bunch of guys driving around in solar powered sofas or ten mph bio-fuel clown cars.

I'm not against saving the earth and all that, I recycle, I turn down my heating and I avoid wasteful behaviour. When it comes to sport however, the last thing we need is a political fad affecting the way things are run so that one guy can feel good about himself. This is bullshit in the highest degree.

[BBC Sport]

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home