Shot to Nothing

Monday, May 14, 2007

Weighing In: This Ricky Business

Several sources, too numerous to name (or am I just lazy?) have reported on the Yoga Wookie's failed drugs test in April and consequential delay in re-entering the NFL. Being a Phin Fan, I thought it best to weigh in on this.

In Ricky's mind, what's left of it anyways, this is just another set-back. He can re-enter the League in September and everything will be just fine...

"When the time is right, God willing, I will be back on the field scoring touchdowns for whatever team is fortunate enough to believe in me."

But in the NFL's mind (and frankly in every football fans mind the world over), Ricky has just set fire to that last straw he was clutching. I can't understand the mentality of a guy who knows full well he's going to be tested when he appeals for reinstatement, and yet goes out and gets high anyways. The average time it takes for weed to clear your system is between 3-30 days, so that means Ricky was tokin' away in the full knowledge that a test was near at hand. What in the hizzzzzzeck was he thinking?

Now let me get this straight, I couldn't give a shit if he or any other athlete was smoking pot, it's not performance enhancing and it's safer than booze - so who gives a shit? But rules is rules and if you're stupid enough to break them over and over and to hurt your God-given talent, then you deserve everything that's coming to you.

At the beginning of the off-season I was looking forwards to Ricky coming back to Miami, but that's all changed now. I'm glad he's not and I hope I never have to see him in a Mighty Phish jersey ever again.

[The Fanhouse - Ryan Wilson]

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:36 pm, Anonymous winstolv said...

All college & NFL football players abuse steroids and that's required.

The weed reduces the OJ Simpson homicide rates.

Randy Moss smokes weed too.

ESPN's Michael Irvin did a crack pipe.

 
At 8:00 pm, Anonymous twins15 said...

Yeah, even if Ricky is reinstated, I doubt that any team is going to be in a hurry to pick him up. Goodell will upnish those teams if Ricky screws up for them again, and I doubt anyone will want to take that chance.

 
At 9:45 pm, Anonymous winstolv said...

WRONG!

Two words,

Michael Vick ($120 MILLION doog fighter and bong smoker)

The NFL only has dopers to choose from.

 
At 5:03 pm, Anonymous Sanchez said...

lol, I think that's a little on the harsh side winstolv!

I find myself hoping that no one picks up Ricky. Not just in case he ends up good again(?) but also because I hate it when someone wastes a talent that so many others can only wish they had.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home